Thursday, June 6, 2013

YOGA!



I have always been intimidated with Yoga. I always say Im not flexible.  When I started doing Yoga X (from 90X program ) I realized that, flexibility is something you can achieved thru practice and training.

Im still not an expert, being able to do Yoga only 2x a week a nd its only been 5 weeks now, but Im surprised on what I can do already. So in time, I know I can improve.

If you would like to try Yoga, you can check out some videos on line and in Youtube. Then if you have time and extra money, you can attend Yoga classes. Its always good too have a professional help you out and teach you the right posture.

YOGA is a great workout because it helps develop your core, balance, flexibility, strenght thru the poses and salutations.

Try to incorporate Yoga in your routine and you will see, in time, your entire physical physique and your concentration improved.




There is a pillow there because the very first time I tried it, I hit my head/face on the floor! So the 2nd until the 4th time, I will always skip the crane pose. Then one day, I said to myself, I think I can do that,  so I did. Good thing my cleaning lady was there to take a photo, or I will not even believe it myself!!

I was so happy and it felt good! I know my crane pose needs a lot of improvement but again, Im confident in time, I can do it in a better position and longer time ( this is just like 3-4 seconds!) In Yoga x its at least 5 breaths (8-10 sec)


2nd time to do a wheel. First time, I bang my head again. I feel so heavy. 2nd time, no head banging.lol. but I need to strtch my arms and smaller space between my head and feet.



My son, seeing me do Yoga, ignites his curiosity. He said mom, look at me. Have fun with it and dont worry if you can make all the poses. Me at first I skip the hard ones, then I realize, how can I improve if I dont try,right? So even if you stumble, feel uncomfortable or it hurts, do it. Before you know it you will surprise yourself.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment