Sunday, September 5, 2010

Simple steps for Flawless Complexion
















Not everybody is born with perfect flawless skin. Most of us have to work at it. Yes makeup can help, but its still best to maintain our skin healthy. So I have listed my simple steps on how to achieve a flawless look.

1.Always Start with a good skin care regimen.

Look for a cleanser that can exfoliate your face gently & hydrate a the same time. There are a lot of products nowadays that offers anti-aging properties in their facial cleansers.

I personally use Olay Regenerist It also has small beads that exfoliates the skin. NU skin has a facial wash that uses Vit C to lighten, hydrate & cleanse face all the same time. But this is too pricey for me.

Dont forget to exfoliate to get rid of those dead skin. We shed dead skin everyday & we need to aid this process for new skin to emerge.It also helps produce more collagen.

2.Moisturize, moisturize!
When I was in my 20's I don't moisturize at all. BIG mistake people.
You don't have to wait till your 30 before you even think of buying a moisturizer. Also, people with oily skin tend to think that they do not need to moisturize. Guess what?WRONG!

Moisturizers will hydrate your skin..not make it more oily. If your skin is oily, you just need to find an oil free moisturizer or a water based or gel form kind to minimize the oily feeling on your skin. That is a very common misconception ladies!

Bodyshop has lightweight serum,I use this personally, this is mostly water, aloe & other natural organic ingredients that can help sooth, hydrate & lighten the skin. At Beauty bar, they have a VIT A gel for the eyes. Great for minimizing fine wrinkles plus it feels so cool.This gel reduces puffiness around the eyes. Just avoid heavy creams my lovelies if you have oily skin.

3.Use a good foundation and concealer.
I have pimple marks myself, but I just know how to "conceal" it to fake flawless skin.
Laura mercier has a very good camouflage concealer that is matte for under eye circles.

Bobbi brown peach concealer is also good. I use MAC Nc30, though it can be too "creamy" for some people. I just use a tiny bit.

For foundations, I use kryolan Ultra. This is in cream form & makes your face look dewy. I use this because I prefer a dewy look rather than a powder matte look. Unless its a Photo shoot, i stick to a natural dewy look.

Revlon color stay foundation is good, as well as their custom creation foundation. I sometimes use this as well.

It helps to emulsify the product by rubbing it between your fingers or at the back of your palm. You don't have to slather the foundation all over your face..just spot correct,like a concealer.

If you have oily skin-use an oil free foundation. Dry skin-cream or liquid is fine. Matured skin, look for foundations that has peptides that can plump sagging skin.

4.Use a Primer-Well, certainly not everyday, but primers are made of silicone and peptides, that coats the skin for even application of makeup. It makes the makeup adhere well on your skin so that it last longer. Smashbox primer is in gel form and this is my favorite. Its also oil free.They have a lot of colors to correct skin discolorations, but I personally use the clear gel. They have a new one that covers big pores, but its not available in the Philippines yet. :-(

5.Contour & highlight
Most of us filipinos, esp if we are already tan, we don't use bronzers. But matte bronzers, when used right can add dimension to the face, which is great for correcting face shape imperfections.
It can also add a glow to your face, just use it conservatively.

Highlighting add glow as well, so I recommend highlighting these parts;Bridge of nose, cupids bow, brow bone, cheekbones, center of forehead, chin & inner corners of the eyes. Powder or cream is fine. Skip the cream if your skin is oily.
6.Stay fresh by using an oil blotter.
I always carry with me an oil blotter. I use clean & clear. Recently, one bride showed me a cute oil blotter from kleenex. Its even cheaper that clean & clear. Just check Watson's or other stores for oil blotters. Bodyshop has one, but its a little pricey.

7.Pressed powder!
Use a press powder with SPF for daily use. Matte is ideal. I use Makeup forever matte powder foundation. But if this is too expensive for you, there are a lot of good drugstore powders like Loreal, Revlon and Maybelline.

8.Facial Spritz

Ok, so we dont normally have this. But its so always hot in Manila. I personally carry my own evian, so that when I feel so hot or dry, I just spray it on, to look & fell fresh. Bodyshop has a Vit c facial spritz, so I only use this when Im in an event :-) and I have to look my best. Otherwise, my evian is fine.

You can also make you own! Just buy an atomizer, add a drop or two of perfume oil, peppermint or mandarin, and viola! your dupe for these sort of expensive sprays.

9.Use sunscreen
Dont skip this part. Always always wear sunscreen under your makeup. Sometimes I forget, but trust me my lovelies, sunscreen will do a lot to maintain your young looking skin. SPF on makeup is not enough. It can only protect you for a couple an hour of two, but once your skin secretes oil & sweat, it can easily get rubbed off. Better to use a broad spectrum uva uvb sunscreen. I use NIVEA Spf 50 on my face & SPF 30 on my body, everyday.



So, there you have it ladies. I hope this helps!

Pls dont forget to support this blog by clicking the follow button!

Till my next post! Stay Beautiful ladies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment