Friday, August 6, 2010

What are BB Creams??

What is BB Cream?

I ask the same question myself. And as a MUA, people expect me to know these things, and since being the curious cat that I am, I did some research.

BB Cream, aka Blemish Balm, is an innovative multifunctional product category that blends skincare and cosmetic using botanical ingredients. It started off as a soothing treatment balm dermatologists and surgeons used on patients who underwent laser skin treatment. It helps to shield\protect and regenerate delicate skin. Based on my google search, Korean actresses and stars soon started using this cream and it sparked off a huge craze in Korea due to its excellent results. Its popularity has spread from Korea to entire Asia, and the west has caught on this craze as well.

What is it? BB Creams moisturizes, covers up naturally while rejuvenating/renewing skin underneath, sun protectant. Some have whitening or wrinkle repairing properties or even a glossy shimmer. The color seeps into the skin so naturally that it hardly seems like one has makeup on (unlike foundations) yet still creating a flawless look. This is why it usually comes in one colour (the more you rub, the more it ‘seeps’ into the skin).

It also is a natural moisturizer and makes the skin feel dewy and not oily. BB Creams are made from high nutritional ingredients with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-oxidating properties. The ingredients vary in different types of BB Creams. I got to try one, a free item for a purchase, from Face shop. I like it very much, that I tried to buy one when I used up mine but unfortunately it was out of stock at that time.

I bought a tinted moisturizer from Nu Skin instead. I have been satisfied with the product so I never got to buy a BB cream.Plus, I only need to use a little amount so its been like 4 months and its still not yet half the bottle.

But now I know the difference, I would like to try it again. Maybe do a product review as well.

I hope this helps in giving you ladies information on what BB cream is & if this is a product fro you.

thanks for taking time in reading my article & Stay Beautiful my lovelies!


No comments:

Post a Comment